‘Company’ any one of the company names – Parkmere Products, Parkmere, Parkmere Educational and Office Furniture.
‘Customer’ the person buying the Goods.
‘Goods’ the goods, materials or services set out on the Order.
‘Order’ the Customer’s order for the Goods.
- ORDERS AND QUOTATIONS
- All Orders are accepted and subject to these terms and conditions. All other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing are expressly excluded.
- The placing of an Order following a Quotation given by the Company shall not be binding upon the Company until and unless acknowledged by the Customer in writing within any time limit specified in that Quotation by delivery of Goods to the Customer.
- The weights, dimensions, capacities, performances, ratings and other data included in catalogues, websites, advertisements, e-shots and any other printed literature by the Company merely constitute an approximate guide.
- The Company reserves the right to change or amend any Goods or their specifications as displayed or indicated in any of the Company’s catalogue, website, e-shots or other printed literature without prior notice or consent from the Customer. The Company will ensure to supply any Goods which have been changed or amended with similar specification and quality.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Goods shall be the price set out in the Order, or, if no price is quoted, the price set out in the Company’s catalogue or literature in force as at date of the Customer placing the Order.
- Any Order under £300 may incur a £35 delivery charge (some products are exempt from this charge, please inquire at the time of placing your order). Also any Order under £100 may incur an additional Small Order Charge of £25.
- Prices are exclusive of VAT which shall be payable by the Customer within 30 days following month of invoice on receipt of a valid VAT invoice from the Company unless the Customer has already paid the full amount of the invoice in advance of delivery as requested by the Company.
- Should any sums be overdue for payment from the Customer to the Company then the Company reserves the right to place the overdue amount in the hands of solicitors and all costs incurred may be charged to the Customer.
- DELIVERY AND INSPECTION
- Any delivery dates quoted by the Company to the Customer, whether in writing or verbally are approximate only and the Company is not responsible for any costs incurred by the Customer if the delivery date is extended due to a delay beyond the Company’s control.
- Any claim in respect of damage in transit to or shortage of the Goods must be made in writing by the Customer to the Company within 48 hours after the delivery of the Goods. The Company can take no responsibly for any claims in respect of damage or shortages of the Goods reported after this time limit unless the Customer has informed the Company in writing within the 48 hour time limit that it is incapable of inspecting the Goods thoroughly in respect of damages and shortages.
- It is essential that all Goods delivered on behalf of the Customer direct to a 3rd party are inspected for damage before signing the receipt, failure to do so will result in our refusing to accept liability for any damages or losses subsequently reported.
- RISK AND TITLE
- The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on completion of delivery.
- Title of the Goods will remain with the Company until the Company has received payment in full and in cleared funds for the Goods and for any other goods or services that the Company has supplied to the Customer in respect of which payment has become due.
- Until legal title passes, the Customer shall hold the goods and keep them properly stored, protected, insured and identified as the Company’s property. Until that time the Customer is entitled to resell or use the goods in the ordinary course of its business but shall account to the Company for the proceeds of sale and pending payment, and shall hold such proceeds on trust for the Company absolutely.
- The Company warrants that the Goods are of good quality at the date of supply or delivery whichever is the later.
- The Company shall not in any circumstances be liable under this warranty when any defect in Goods is due:
- To Goods being used in abnormal manner: or
- To the act, neglect or defect of the Customer: or
- Any incorrect or misleading information or instruction given by the Customer or the absence of such information or instruction.
- No variation of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by both parties.
- All the Company’s quotations and contracts shall in all respects be construed and operated under English law.